- Please tell us a bit about yourself.
- When you create, what inspires you?
- Tell us about the specific inspiration behind one or each of your accepted pieces.
- What is your medium of choice? Why?
- How did you first discover your love for creating?
- fēlan is old English for feel. What makes you feel melancholy?
- Please feel free to add anything else you think is relevant.
I am a 42 year old single father of two amazing children, living in southwestern British Columbia, Canada. I have been writing poetry since middle school, when I was first exposed to classical verse. I mostly draw my inspiration from the challenges of life, but also from the natural world and the political goings on of the moment. Melancholy as inspiration is like an old friend I haven’t seen in a while, when I was young and struggling it was a constant companion. For me the feeling of having settled for less than best ( in a relationship, a job, a project, etc.) has always been the source.
One Bright Morning was written in a deep depression long ago when I was struggling to make my way in the world as an adult for the first time.
My Failure, She Cries is the love sick imaginings of a young man experiencing heartbreak and assuming he must be to blame.
Love Vomits was inspired by a night of excess, and every poets muse, unrequited love.